Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

O is for Oatmeal Scotchies

One of my go-to cookbooks for desserts is called Nestle Classic Recipes.  It's got all your favorites like original chocolate chip cookies (that all our mothers made), gooey peanut bars, lemon bars, blondies, fudge, and cheesecake.  They're basic recipes, and you can bet that whatever you make from the book will disappear quickly.

I chose to make Oatmeal Scotchies because I had a 1/2 bag of butterscotch chips that I kept sneaking bites from and I needed them to go away.  The batter was thick and delicious, but the cookies flattened out a lot more than I expected them to in the oven.  I think I need new baking soda.  Regardless of their flat shape, the cookies were delicately crispy and chewy at the same time and the flavor was...awesome.  I packaged some up for a friend and she came back asking for more.  Maybe you'll make some Scotchies this week!





Oatmeal Scotchies

1 1/4 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. granulated sugar
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 c. old fashioned oats
1 2/3 c. butterscotch morsels

Preheat your oven to 375.  Combine the dry goods: flour, baking soda, cinnamon & salt in a bowl.  In the mixer, beat butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla.  Gradually add the dry goods and then stir in your oats and morsels.  Drop by tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets and cook for 7-9 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment