Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

C is for Crostini

I have a new favorite appetizer for spring: strawberry basil crostini.   It is so simple and so fresh, you'll be prepping a platter of these delicious bites in no time.  I used a honey chevre which I spotted at the grocery store and wanted to try.  I would recommend this cheese for a lot of uses; Peter and I thought it was wonderful with sliced pears, fig jam, and crumbled over a salad with berries.  I took a roll of honey chevre along with me to make a cheese plate at my Grandma's birthday party too, so this might be one of my new favorite cheeses.    




Strawberry Basil Crostini
by Rachel

French baguette
honey chevre, room temperature
sliced strawberries
small basil leaves (I used boxwood basil)   

Slice and toast the French baguette.  Using a knife, spread the honey chevre on each piece of toast.  Top each toast with a slice of strawberry and a basil leaf.  Serve!  


No comments:

Post a Comment