Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

A is for Apple. B is for Baking. C is for Cooking.

I have been reading food blogs and taking pictures of my own creations for a long time.  It's now, the beginning of a new year, that I am ready to enter the world of food blogging and share a little bit of what goes on in my kitchen.


I am 25 years old and live and work in Charlottesville, Virginia.  I went to the University of Virginia and got a job teaching 3rd grade at a school that I fell in love with while volunteering.  Although I enjoy teaching and can't see myself really doing anything else, I also love the way that cooking and baking help me escape the stresses of my job.  When I'm cooking, I don't have to give directions, repeat myself, or look around for confused faces; I don't have to be perky or even professional.  I can just be me!

I got married in May of 2010 to my man of five years--Peter.  He enjoys what goes on in our kitchen and he's a willing guinea pig, but he's also a meat n' potatoes kind of guy.  He'd be perfectly content with a regular meal rotation of pot roast, spaghetti with meat sauce, beef stew, hamburgers and macaroni & cheese.  The classics!  He isn't like this every day of the year, but I can count on Peter to enjoy the standard fare as well as the deluxe dishes that come out of my kitchen.  I like to try new things regularly and experiment with fresh ingredients whether they're local, in season, or just calling to me from a grocery store display.  I get my inspiration from cook books, food blogs, my travels, food network, and from my foodie friends.  I'd like to invite you to join me in my kitchen for some exciting dishes (and probably some laughable failures as well).  Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment